Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Rebooting The Orange Tory

I have decided to resurrect the Orange Tory blog. There are a few different reasons for this. First, with the recent British election, the subsequent dynamics in Ottawa, and the approaching Ontario municipal and U.S. midterm elections there does not seem to be a better time to return to writing about politics.

Also, in the last year or so I have taken a real interest in urban issues, which is something I hope to spend more time discussing in this rebooted version of my blog. Urban and local policies have dramatic impact upon our daily life, our quality of lives, and interaction between communities. Furthermore the micro feeds the macro – the environment, the economy, politics, and culture are shaped by our communities – villages, counties, regions, towns, cities, metropolises. Like green activists like to say, “Think global, act local.” What we do on a local level is magnified by the actions of thousands (or millions) of our peers doing the same, making national and global forces.

Perhaps the main reason I want to resume my blog is because within the next few years I intend to run for public office (more on this later). For this purpose I would like to improve presenting my ideas, and refining my own platform.

The plan is a post once a week on Tuesdays. I hope to make it last this time with support of my readers. My first “content” posting will follow this one.

No comments: