Thursday, August 22, 2013

Worth Reading – August 22, 2013

My first Worth Reading from the 60th parallel. I haven’t had much time to do any reading this week. I did come across four that I thought were noteworthy.

I love maps. I find them one of the most effective ways to communicate information. This is a series of maps that help you better understand the world around you. 

Today marks the second anniversary of Jack Layton’s death. To mark the occasion a statue of the NDP leader was revealed on the Toronto lakeshore at the Jack Layton Ferry Terminal. 

David Akin of Sun News discusses the “winners” and “losers” of this summer in Ontario (in terms of politics). I reject this type of analysis, but it is worth checking out.

From the neat pile, the Toronto Star features a piece of art that is a projection of Toronto’s future skyline. Sometimes when I think about these things I think about silver jumpsuits and flying cars, but it definitely highlights the manhattanization of Toronto. 

No comments: